Greetings, my name is Greg and I'm a senior Environmental Studies student. This blog was created for PPPM 280: Intro to Non Profit in order to convey my reaction and thoughts on the class readings/lectures to my discussion group, therefore creating dialogue and debate. I have some, but limited, experience in the non-profit sector. As a sophomore, I was an intern for Cascadia Wildlands Project, a local environmental advocacy group. Just last term, I gave interactive nature walks to children ages 7-13 in Alton Baker Park for a group called Nearby Nature, which focuses on environmental education.
Though my major is Environmental Studies, my interests lie in planning and landscape architecture, which I hope to pursue in post-graduate studies. I decided to take PPPM 280 because I realize the importance of the non-profit sector in our society, and the many opportunities within it. I'm excited to dive deeper into the subject and gain a more complete understanding of it. As a senior about to graduate, I think this class is a good one to take on the way out and will be extremely beneficial to "life in the real world". Looking forward to exchanging ideas with everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment